Our firm provided master plan and design services for John Deere’s North America Marketing and Sales Facility site. We helped John Deere continue its tradition of excellence that was built on providing high-quality equipment for the agricultural industry, as well as commercial, residential, and construction industry customers.
The approximately 17-acre site reflects John Deere’s commitment to the environment. It is registered as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) building with the U.S. Green Building Council and has earned a Gold rating.
Noteworthy project aspects include:
- Siting the building on the property to help incorporate extensive daylight in the building
- Using recycled site and building materials
- Using bioswales and bioretention ponds to control stormwater quality and quantity
- Protecting existing trees
- Using native and drought-tolerant plant species in the landscaping plan
- Reducing landscaping irrigation by 50 percent
- Maintaining the quality John Deere has demonstrated through the years
We provided development consultation, civil design, landscape architecture, geotechnical services, surveying, special inspections, and LEED® consultation services on the project. We integrated the building and site work into the native landscaping palette and incorporated the vast amount of open space throughout the site to recreate the Kansas prairie setting.
Overland Park, Kansas
913.748.2514Get in Touch