Olsson Foundation Donates to 10 Nonprofit Groups in 2021
October 21, 2021
Lincoln, Nebraska (October 21, 2021) – Ten nonprofit organizations received a donation from the Olsson Foundation in 2021. The Olsson Foundation is committed to supporting groups that are dedicated to education, the environment and the community.
“We believe it’s important to give back to the communities we serve and supporting nonprofit organizations is one way we can do this,” said John Olsson, executive vice president of consulting services at Olsson. “The foundation’s support continues to increase every year, and it’s exciting to see us take our community impact to a deeper level.”
The Olsson Foundation selects nonprofit organizations that help youth experience the outdoors; Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programming; educational opportunities and more. The funds donated by the foundation in 2021 will serve communities in Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado and Oklahoma.
Organizations supported by the Olsson Foundation in 2021 are:
- Green Works in Kansas City, (Kansas City, Missouri): Funds will be used for a youth leadership program focused on living sustainably.
- Feed Northland Kids, (Kansas City, Missouri): Funds will be used for a weekend backpack program.
- AMBUCS (American Business Clubs): Trek for Trikes, (Springfield, Missouri): Funds will be used to purchase bikes that are adapted for children with limited mobility.
- Willard Community Center, (Lincoln, Nebraska): Funds will be used to subsidize a monthly fee for students who can't afford to pay for the before and after school program.
- Peyton Parker Lane Playground, (York, Nebraska): Funds will be used for universally accessible playground equipment at a local park.
- LPS Foundation: Spark Summer Learning, (Lincoln, Nebraska): Funds will be used to provide scholarships for 10 students to attend this STEM summer program.
- The Greenway Foundation: SPREE (South Platte River Environmental Education) Excursions, (Denver, Colorado): Funds will be used to provide free excursions for 100 students to attend hands-on environmental education.
- Whiz Kids, (Denver, Colorado): Funds will be used for educational incentives for students to reach their goals at this mentoring and tutoring program for at-risk youth.
- Cleats for Kids, (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma): Funds will be used to provide running shoes for 50 middle school students in the Oklahoma City Public School district.
- The STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) Engine Inc., (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma): Funds will be used to cover one eight-week STEAM education course for 12 children in populations underrepresented in STEAM fields.
“We know that strong communities are stitched together with solid infrastructure and vibrant social programs,” Olsson said. “Combining our talent as designers with financial support to philanthropic organizations is a combination that goes back to our roots.”
The Olsson Foundation will begin taking applications for funding requests for 2022 in the second quarter of next year.
The Olsson Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation that started in 2015. The mission of the foundation is to support the environment, education and the communities where Olsson delivers services while also supporting employees who are actively engaged in their communities.