A Message from Olsson on COVID-19
March 17, 2020
At Olsson, we take very seriously the health and well-being of our clients, our project partners, and our employees.
It’s why we’ve enacted policies focused on serving clients while protecting employees and partners throughout the rapidly evolving COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic.
We continue to rely on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help guide our decisions.
Safeguards we’ve adopted in response to the outbreak include:
- Eliminating all unnecessary travel for Olsson business
- Canceling in-person retreats, conferences, training seminars, and group meetings of more than 10 people
- Asking employees who travel to high-risk areas to self-quarantine for 14 days
- Encouraging employees at high risk to self-quarantine to protect themselves and their families
- Updating technology measures so employees can work from home in the event any of our offices must temporarily close
Clear communication is essential for these policies to function as intended, so we’d like you to know what we’re doing to get the word out internally.
Olsson CEO Brad Strittmatter sends regular, detailed email updates to all employees and we regularly update the policies and a coronavirus FAQ link on our firm’s intranet homepage. In addition, our regional and office leaders discuss the policies with their team members across the firm. Our communications resources also include reminders on hygiene basics such as frequent handwashing, staying home if you feel ill, how to use telehealth resources, and links to pertinent CDC information.
New developments in this unprecedented situation arise daily and we will pivot and adapt as needed.
At Olsson, we exist to serve our clients and our employees. That’s exactly why we’ve taken these necessary actions to do our part in the effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Wishing you all health and safety,
Your partners at Olsson